Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Whole New Kind Of Acrylic Class with Donna Barnes-Roberts


I have discovered a whole new kind of Acrylic paint that allows you to blend colors after they have dried, or make them not blendable, depending upon what YOU want them to do. You can work transparently like watercolor, or thicker like an oil. Clean up with water AND messes can be cleaned up AFTER THEY HAVE DRIED (up to a day or two - and up to two weeks by using their "Unlocking Formula").

And I am starting up a new class on Saturday afternoons to teach you how to make great work using these paints. What is more, the manufacturer of these paints will provide paint to use IN THE CLASS, so you can start experimenting with these capabilities without investing in a lot of new paint to start. But I will bet you will be converted. These paints are called Atelier Interactive Acrylics, and are made by Chroma - an old paint company in Australia that is not really big in the United States - yet.

This new acrylic class will be on Saturday afternoons from 4PM-6:30PM.   The class schedule is being finalized and will be posted here when scheduled.  I will be teaching the nuts and bolts of this exciting medium.   I only take 6 students per class, so I can see what is happening with your work, and we discuss EVERYTHING about painting - art, composition, pretty much anything you like. 


I expect that most of you on this list know what my work looks like, but if you don't, I suggest you look at www.barnesroberts.com for an inkling of what kind of painting I do, and therefore the kinds of things we will approach in these classes. 

New students start on a project of my choosing, but after that, you are free to work on stuff I choose, or what you want to bring in - with some guidance by me (you may not want to work on a complicated group portrait as your second project if you are not ready yet for such a difficult subject).  We cover choosing paint, paper, mixing colors, choosing colors, and deconstructing an image so that you can layer transparent color or use opaque color depending upon the effect you want.

  • COST:  The cost is $175 for each 8 week class. 
  • You need to pay ME, not The Coffee Gallery.  No refunds after the first class.
  • WHERE:  The Coffee Gallery 2029 N. Lake Ave., Altadena, CA 91001
  • DATES and TIMES:
  •            TBD

HOW TO SIGN UP:  Send a check, or you can use a credit card to pay using PayPal
       If you are sending a check, it should go to:

          Donna Barnes-Roberts
          323 Marathon Rd.
          Altadena, Ca, 91001

       If you are paying using PayPal, simply log on to PayPal and click on "Send Money" and send the money to:  donna@barnesroberts.com  The payment is considered to be payment for services.

       Either way, make sure I have your address, email address, and a phone number.  Sometimes I need to call everyone if a class is canceled due to emergency. 

Once your payment is received, I will send you a material list, which will be short because the paint and mediums will be provided by Chroma.

If you have any questions, please call at 626-791-0851 or email me at donna@barnesroberts.com

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment